Just a short review on my latest discovery of this 'KOI-inspired' bubble tea named 'Come Buy'
It's located at Toa Payoh and definitely it's the first outlet in Singapore I guess.
It's actually said to be international, but originated from Taiwan as well.
So how similar is Come Buy as compared to Koi??
They have their own webbie so if you are interested can click Here to check it out!
1) Price: Abt the same or probably slightly higher because there is an additional charge of 60cents to their pearl! What's bubble tea without pearl right?
2) Choices: Abt the same as Koi, something special which they have is pudding (like an additional choice). However, I have to say: 'the pudding is very hard! i think it's suppose to be a little harder than grass jelly, but it turns out to be....'
3) Choice of Sugar Level & ICE LEVEL?! Sugar level same as Koi, but ICE LEVEL...why the hell do you need to choose your ice level? is it that impt? ordering more ice meaning lesser drink, lesser ice meaning not cold, or even no ice? bubble tea that is not cold?! to me is like crazy! But anyway, in the end i heard the cashier asking: 'sugar level, ice level as per normal?' so what's the point of having these choices when you say 'as per normal'? i don't really get that ice level thing, so i just said normal.. and i don't know their normal is like how much ice as well! kinda stupid!
4) Taste: I think their pearl milk tea kinda normal..a bit more milky than those $1.50 bbt! ..As for their pearl, its not like mini pearl like Koi, but the bigger kind of size...and! it's hard! not super chewy as well. The middle of the pearl is kinda hard! And Singyee actually tried their plum red tea, and her comment was..'they are stingy!' Because the taste of plum is not strong enough..She said Koi put a lot and really much nicer than Come Buy.
5) Service: Okay, I find it kinda irritating because a lot people are working there. Probably same number of people as people who are working in Koi! But the queue is definitely not as long as Koi. I seriously can't stand seeing so many people in a shop but not effective at all... And when I ordering my drinks, I speak in Chinese, then the person speak to me in English. I'm like thinking, 'Why do you have to speak to me in English when I speak to you in Chinese? And isn't it originated from Taiwan? Bring out that Taiwan feel la..' Koi always super Chinese pai one..! I think is so much better!
I guess by now, you shld know which is definitely better! but of course, you can give it a try! And now is still their pre-opening period, so they only opened the shop from 2pm-10pm!
MY BELOVED KOI!